Foreman and Irrigation Technician positions:
Dave Suda Landscape, Inc.
Landscape Installation Foreman
San Diego, CA 92101 Dave Suda Landscape, Inc.
1. Position description: The Landscape Construction Foreman/Crew Leader must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of landscape construction to include operating equipment, demolition, site and soil prep, grading, planting all materials, interfacing with customers, subcontractors, architects, etc., and require minimal supervision while directing a crew of two to four employees in a safe manner. The Landscape Construction Foreman/Crew Leader must also attend to and complete all paperwork and administrative requirements related to the job while creating and maintaining a professional job atmosphere.
2. Skill set and educational requirements: The Landscape Construction Foreman/Crew Leader, who is a WORKING FOREMAN, must possess the following skill set and educational background:
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy.
- Physically able to handle the work load of a Construction Leadman and/or Laborer.
- English in oral and written forms. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Certified landscape technician (CLT) a plus.
- Able to interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner on a daily basis.
- Has a minimum of three years of experience in landscape construction.
- Thoroughly understands all aspects of landscape construction as outlined above.
- Able to operate company equipment: mini skid steer, trencher, tiller, chop saws, etc.
- Able to perform all daily preventative maintenance (PM) on company equipment.
- Able to operate a transit, shoot grades and grade sites.
- Able to read landscape plans and drawings.
- Able to lay out a job site and order materials.
- Has the leadership capability and demeanor to effectively manage and direct a crew of two to four people.
- Meets or exceeds company production standards for landscape installation.
- Ensures that jobs are kept on schedule and on budget.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed and reports any unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Looks for extras and converts them into change orders when appropriate.
- Ensures all change orders are processed correctly.
- Interfaces with subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate completion of their phase of projects.
- Ensures that company production standards are met.
- Maintains a clean crew truck at all times.
- Able to fill out and process all necessary job paperwork, purchase orders, and time sheets, etc.
- Able to interact with clients, subcontractors, architects, etc. in a professional and competent manner.
- Able to train crew as a team and maintain a high level of morale.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with company policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- Able to work with minimal supervision from Landscape Supervisor but knows when to ask for assistance.
If you fit the requirements fill out our registration form on the upper right hand side of this page or come visit our site to fill an application.
About Dave Suda Landscape, Inc.